The natural lanolin in wool/sheepskin tends to be self-cleaning. You can use a sponge to clean a small area that may have a dirty mark or stain. However if your Flatout Bear has been well loved by their little owner and is in need of a freshen up, follow the guide below to get them back to their cuddliest best.
You should never put your Flatout Bear in the washing machine or clothes dryer.
- Dissolve a small amount of Sheepskin detergent or woolwash (ensure it is suitable for sheepskin) in a bucket of cool to luke warm water (not hot water).
- Slosh your Flatout Bear up and down a few times in the water and work it through gently for one to two minutes depending on how soiled the bear is.
- Gently press the bear by hand until clean.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold running water.
- Press the excess water from your Flatout Bear gently - DO NOT WRING DRY
- Allow you bear to dry in the shade on a towel. This may take some time dependent on the weather so please be patient.
We suggest that you follow the SIDS guidelines as well as using a common sense approach when giving children the Flatout Bear. Like with anything, we suggest parental supervision and we hope that the Flatout Bear will become a loved member of your family.