In honour of National Lamington Day (21st of July) I have done a wee round up of takes on this national delicacy! There is some deviations from the more traditional good ol' lamington but hold on to your hats kids as they look, and I am sure would taste, mighty fine. They can all be found also on my "Australia Day Love" Pinterest board if you fancy getting your bake on!
1. The TimTamington - behold this little treat in all it's sugary goodness. Tim Tims crossed with a lamington, yes please!
2. The Lamalova - oh be still my sugar loving heart! A Pavolva crossed with a lamington, now you're talking!
3. Lamington Cupcakes - these look simple enough and a perfect naughty after school treat.
4. The Lamingtonut - a lamington crossed with a donut, yes and yes!
5. Cherry Lamingtons - more of a take on the traditional good ol' Lamington with the cheeky deviation away to cherry jam, not that I am complaining.
6. Lamington Tiramisu - mixing lamingtons with a cheeky little bit of Amaretto, Poppa Antipodean Love would loooove this!
7. Lamington Biscuits - these bad boys look the perfect little sweet treat.
8. Lamington Cake with Milo Icing - my little ladies would lose their minds over this, milo icing would blow their minds (they are simple creatures!)
9. Lamington Cake - this looks like the humble lamington on steroids, bring it!
So there you have it peeps, Lamingtons in all their glorious forms. Go forth and enjoy! Happy National Lamington Day!